NSUPE acknowledges that racism is not just an American issue but a Canadian issue, a provincial issue, a community issue, and a workplace issue. We must work harder to stand up and support those who are discriminated against and put an end to racism.
I encourage my fellow workers to support the black lives matter movement. I have included some resources below to help those who want to learn and contribute.
Nova Scotia Union of Public and Private Employees
- The African Nova Scotian Directory (ANSD) is a service that connects people to the African Nova Scotian community online.
- Black Lives Matter – Halifax Public Library Reading List
- The Coast’s list of where you can give money to support Black organizations and lives right now.
- Justice for George Floyd petition.
- Article from Yes Magazine on white privilege
- Talk to Kids About Race – HPL Reading List for Kids
- Antiracist Reading List For All Ages – HPL Free Audio and EBook Reading List
If there is a resource that you would like added please email email@example.com.