Instructions for completing the NSUPE Expense Report
- Enter your name and mailing address in the top left fields. Include your email address in case there are any follow-up questions.
- Enter the ‘Period From’ and ‘Period To’ dates your report covers. It must be no more than a 3 month period representing a financial quarter (July-Sept, Oct-Dec, Jan-Mar, April-June.)
- In the first 3 columns enter the date for each expense, the local the expense was incurred for, and a detailed description. Each receipt or expense should go on its own line. Include the location, the purpose for the expense, and any other relevant detail. Items without adequate descriptions may not be reimbursed.
- Enter the total amount of the expense (including tax and tip) under the relevant columns. (E.g. You parked your car in a parkade during negotiations, so you’d enter the parking amount under ‘Negotiations’.)
- For mileage, enter the kilometers driven in the ‘KM’s’ column. Excel will automatically calculate the reimbursement total in the ‘Amount’ column.
- After entering all your expenses, be sure to double check that the sub-totals and grand total have all calculated properly.
- Complete the certificate at the bottom by entering your Local number (if applicable), typing your name on the ‘Signature’ line, and entering the date on the bottom line.
- Email your expense report and receipts to firstname.lastname@example.org, print and mail to the NSUPE office, or send by fax to 902-454-4924. Copies of receipts are accepted as long as the full receipt is clearly legible. Include the Original receipts are not required.
If you have any questions please direct them to the NSUPE Admin Assistant at email@example.com or call 902-422-9495.
Please read the NSUPE Expense Claim Policy for more info about allowable expenses.